Medicare Supplement Plans
As was stated, once you turn 65 you are typicall enrolled in Medicare automatically. There are two parts to Medicare, one is Medicare Part A which will help you with an approved hospitalizations and emergency services to name a few. Part A comes as no cost to you. Medicare Part B will help cover approved doctor fees, outpatient services and some medical equipment. This coverage has a monthly premium that can be made payable through your private senior insurance provider offering MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS. In addition to this valuable coverage once you turn 65 and are enrolled in both Part A and Part B you are eligible to receive Medicare supplement plan or Medigap coverage. As the name says, this coverage will help gap the cost of health care services and health care coverage. When you apply during the open enrollment phase you will have guaranteed coverage for most Medicare Supplement Plans. What this means is that regardless of your health you cannot be denied and as long as you make you monthly premium payments you can never be cancelled. Medigap is designed to take up where traditional Medicare leaves off. Once Medicare has paid 80% of your approved medical care costs Medigap will step in to take care of the remaining 20%. That is great news if you are on a fixed income there are several Medicare Supplement Plan options.
Be sure to compare Medicare supplemental plans because the cost will differ from carrier to carrier but the coverage does not because it is all standardized. If you go online you will be able to see exactly what traditional Medicare covers and see how a Medicare supplemental plan will help offset your medical care costs and give you peace of mind.
MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS
I googled MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS, and found 1-800-MEDIGAP, i did not even click I just called their number and before I hung up the phone they had me in the medicare supplement plan I needed. Thank you so much for not wasting my time.
Deadline for Medicare Supplemental Insurance changed ?
I did not know the deadline had changed for 2011/2012, I am lucky that I called when I did. I think you should let everyone know.
Response: Roger, I am glad we could help. Yes the Annual Election Period for this cycle ends on December 7th at midnight. We have recieved a ton of calls from seniors who had no idea that it had changed. We will do all we can to notify as many people as possible, but we ask for your help. Please tell your friends and family that the timelines have changed. Good news, those who are turning 65 or who have turned 65 in the last few months can enroll during their open enrollment window, triggered by the start date of their Medicare Part B. So if you have turned 65 recently, please call our hotline 1-800-MEDIGAP for more information, and we will be happy to help you with your Medicare Supplement Plans. http://1800MEDIGAP.com
Very easy to work with, and they really know their stuff about Medicare Supplements